Skip to main content

Castle Pines

Medication and Immunization Info from our School Nurses

Medications for 2024-2025

If your child will need medication administered at school during the upcoming school year, please have your primary care provider complete a medication authorization form. Middle School students wanting to self-carry their medications, please have your provider fill out this form. Medication authorization forms are updated every school year.


This includes over-the-counter medications, which are all supplied by parents. We DO NOT keep a stock of any medication (ex: Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl) for students at school and can only administer their own medication with proper forms. Please plan to bring these completed forms and medications in their original pharmacy labeled/new unopened over the counter containers, in a plastic bag labeled with your child’s name to drop off in August at Open House. We cannot accept or administer expired medications (please check expiration dates) or medications with incomplete paperwork.


Immunizations- Incoming Kindie and 6th Graders

Many immunization updates are necessary by the time school starts in August. Summer is a great time to plan to see your primary care provider to update immunizations.


Incoming sixth graders are required to have an immunization booster for Tdap prior to starting 6th grade. Please bring updated records to school in August.  


Incoming Kindergarteners also have necessary immunizations that should be updated prior to starting school in August. Please bring updated immunization records to school in August at Open House.

  • Tri County Health Department immunization phone number: 303-451-0123



Immunization Exemptions-

Immunization exemptions are required to be renewed annually. For the 2024-2025 school year, there will be two ways to submit a nonmedical exemption. Please visit the CDPHE vaccine exemptions webpage for more exemption information and requirements.